+++ COUNTY-WIDE FOREST ACCESS BAN LIFTED AS OF. 7.8. - FURTHER BAN ON ENTERING THE OPERATION AREA +++
COUNTY-WIDE FOREST ACCESS BAN LIFTED AS OF. 7.8. - FURTHER BAN ON ENTERING THE OPERATION AREA
From Sunday (07.08.2022), the ban on entering the forest in the district of Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge will be lifted. Only for the operational area in the rear Saxon Switzerland continues to apply a ban on entering the forest on the basis of the Saxon Law on Fire Protection, Rescue Services and Civil Protection (SächsBRKG). To the general decree and the map of the area of operation.
- Avoid the area of the national park "Hintere Sächsische Schweiz" in order not to hinder the emergency services in their work!
- All rescue routes are to be kept free urgently!
- We urgently request that you refrain from SMOKING outside built-up areas!
- The federal road 172 is closed from Bad Schandau (junction to the Kirnitzschtal) in the direction of the border crossing Schmilka.
- The Kirnitzschtalstraße is closed up to the junction to Ottendorf.
- The Kirnitzschtalbahn has stopped running to prevent onlookers from traveling to the forest fire fighting operation area.
- The ferries in Schöna and Schmilka operate only for urgently needed trips of the emergency forces.
- The ferry connection between Postelwitz and Krippen will not be operated due to the deployment of the firefighting helicopters.
Status: 9th august | 9.45 am